Alpine Glass is committed to reducing the impact of COVID-19 by proactively attempting to reduce the spread of the virus. The following rules are currently in effect for all of our employees and sub-contractors:
- Field crews have been separated into two teams. The teams will begin their shifts at different times so that they are not in contact with each other.
- Employees have been instructed not to congregate in groups in the shop, office, or yard.
- Public access to our office has been strictly limited. Sales calls are prohibited. Deliveries are to be dropped off in an area segregated from office workers.
- As of March 19th all staff able to work from home will begin working from home until further notice.
- All employees and sub-contractors are required to follow the specific COVID-19 response plans of Prime Contractors on all job sites.
- At sites controlled by Alpine Glass measures to protect the public from COVID-19 must be included on PHAs (pre-job hazard assessments).
- Any employee or sub-contractor who has recently travelled outside of Canada, or who has been in direct contact with another person who has recently traveled outside of Canada, is required to self quarantine for 14 days from the date of return to Canada.
- All members of the public who have recently travelled outside of Canada, or who have been in contact with another person who has recently travelled outside of Canada, has been instructed not to enter Alpine Glass’ facility. Signs have been conspicuously posted.
- All employees experiencing cough, fever, difficulty breathing, and/or fatigue are required to self- quarantine, contact 811, and follow all instructions.
- All members of the public entering Alpine Glass’ building must use the hand sanitizer provided prior to approaching the front desk. Signs have been conspicuously posted.
- Hand sanitizer, proper hand washing technique information, and Lysol wipes have been made widely available to all Alpine Glass employees.
- The sharing of food in staff kitchens is currently prohibited.
- Estimating meetings, and all non-essential gatherings have been postponed until further notice. All company social functions have been indefinitely postponed.
- Alpine Glass employee attendance at site meetings or project walk-through is to be limited as much as practicable. Attendance must be discussed with a supervisor in advance.
- Social distancing, even on personal time, has been discussed and encouraged.
Alpine Glass Management, Health and Safety Committee members, and the Safety Coordinator are closely monitoring the situation. We are implementing all Health Canada and Alberta Health Services recommendations regarding response to the virus. At this time there are no planned shut-downs or reductions in staff at our facility or those of our suppliers.
If you have any questions, concerns, or recommendations regarding Alpine Glass’ response plan please ask to speak with our Health and Safety Coordinator, Sashia Dortman.